As a teacher, how do I book a classroom presentation for my class?
- There are 2 seasons through the school year when the Outdoor Education Staff do the classroom and community programs - fall (Nov and Dec) and spring (Mar and Apr).
- Prior to each of these seasons there will be a deadline date for booking requests (see the home page for dates).
- Request forms are available on the Classroom and Community Program page.
- After the request deadline a schedule will be created and teachers will be notified of the date and time of their presentation.
What are community programs?
- These are programs led by the Outdoor Education staff that are not located in the classroom.
- Community programs may be in the school yard, nearby park, or other locations within the city.
- Teachers are responsible for transportation if the program is not at the school.
How many presentations can I book for my class?
- Classroom and Community programs are to be an extension of the learning that is taking place in the classroom. Booking requests should reflect this.